Faculty Members (Department of Computer Science & Engineering )
Department of Computer Science & Engineering
Telephone: +8809613737373, Ext. 175
Taspia Salam is a lecturer at the Department of Computer Science and Engineering (CSE), International Standard University (ISU). She completed her B.Sc. (2017) and M.Sc. (2018) from the Department of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) at Comilla University, Bangladesh. She achieved the faculty first position in both of the degrees. She has received awards for her substantial academic results and research including ICT Research Fellowship and UGC Merit Scholarship. Her research interests include wireless ad hoc networks, sensor networks, network security, and considerations of privacy in the Internet of Things as well. She has published 5 research papers in journal (1), conference proceedings (3), and book chapters (1). Publishers are IEEE, Springer, and Taylors & Francis.
- Taspia Salam and Md. Sharif Hossen, “Performance Investigation among Heterogeneous Routing Techniques in Wireless Sensor Networks,” In Proc. of International Conference on Big Data, IoT, and Machine Learning (BIM 2021), 23-25 Sep 2021 [Accepted for Publication].
- Taspia Salam and Md. Sharif Hossen, “HECC (Hyperelliptic Curve Cryptography)”, in K. A. B. Ahmed et al. (eds.), Functional Encryption, EAI/ Springer Innovations in Communication and Computing, pp. 59-78, 13 Jul 2021.
- Taspia Salam and Md. Sharif Hossen, “Performance Analysis on Homogeneous and Heterogeneous Routing Protocols in Wireless Sensor Networks,” In Proc. of IEEE Int. Con. on Automation, Control and Mechatronics for Industry (ACMI), RUET, Bangladesh, 8-9 Jul 2021 [Accepted for publication].
- Taspia Salam and Md. Sharif Hossen, “An Improvement of Heterogeneous Threshold Sensitive Energy Efficient Sensor Network Routing Protocol,” In Proc. of IEEE Computer Society, Bangladesh Chapter, Summer Symposium, 4-5 Jun 2021 [Accepted for Publication].
- Taspia Salam and Md. Sharif Hossen, “Performance Analysis on Homogeneous LEACH and EAMMH Protocols in Wireless Sensor Network,” Journal of Wireless Personal Communications, Springer, 21 Jan 2020.
- Received Fellowship from ICT Division, Bangladesh, 28 Dec 2020.
- UGC Merit Scholarship, Bangladesh, Jan 2022.
- Master of Engineering (M.Sc. Engineering), Comilla University.
- Bachelor of Engineering (B.Sc. Engineering), Comilla University.
- Higher Secondary School Certificate (HSC), Holy Cross College.
- Secondary School Certificate (SSC), Will’s Little Flower High School.
- “GRE and IELTS: Funded Admission in the USA”, conducted by speaker Ehsan Suez, Faculty GREC on 30 Oct 2017.
- “Algorithm and Computational Complexity Optimization”, conducted by Professor Dr. M. Kaykobad, Dept. Of CSE, BUET, on 23 Jan 2017.
- “Startup E-Commerce, Hardware and Networking Sector, Entrepreneurship, Outsourcing, and Digital Marketing and Software Development and Technology”, conducted by Md. Helal Uddin Ahmed (Chairman, Green Education, and 4K Soft. Limited), Rasel Ahmed (CEO, System Eye Limited), Mahmodul Hasan Sagor (CEO, 4K Soft. Limited), Fuad Hasan (Operation Manager, IT, Amber Group, Coders Trust) and Md. Hasanuzzaman (Lead Software Engineer, CIOsoft Inc, USA) respectively on 9 Nov 2016.
- “Training Program on Spoken English” at British Council conducted by Farz on 27 Dec 2011.
- Created a website on “Online E-Learning Management” Supervised by Md. Sharif Hossen, Department of ICT, Comilla University, firstname.lastname@example.org, 28 Nov 2017.
- Developed a project on “Security Door” with Arduino, Supervised by Md. Imran Hossain, Department of ICT, Comilla University, email@example.com, 16 Aug 2017.
- Developed a website on “Library Management” with Javafx, Supervised by Md. Sharif Hossen, Department of ICT, Comilla University, firstname.lastname@example.org, 23 Nov 2016.
- Honors Project (2017): “Performance Analysis on Homogeneous LEACH and EAMMH Protocols in Wireless Sensor Network” Supervised by Md. Sharif Hossen, Department of ICT, Comilla University, email@example.com, 5 Jan 2015.
- Developed an electrical project on “Seven Segment Display”, Supervised by Md. Tofael Ahmed, Department of ICT, Comilla University, firstname.lastname@example.org, 11 Jun 2014.
- Information System Design.
- Basic Electrical Engineering.
- Elements of Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
- Introduction to Microprocessor, Robotics, and Control Engineering.
- Wireless Ad hoc Networks.
- Wireless Sensor Networks.
- Network Securities.
- Internet of Things (IoT).
- Data Mining.
- Machine Learning.
- Big Data.